Garibaldi OR Hotel Area Guide
No matter which direction you turn, you're just minutes away from more cozy beachfront towns, water excursions, and epic natural landscapes of dense forests, rugged headlands, and dramatic monoliths.
Just like the vibrant-colored Garibaldi fish, our town is lively and spirited, ready to deliver experiences around every corner. Indulge in your inner adventurer. Live in the moment. Jump in the car and go. You'll be surprised where a short drive or walk will take you.
Welcome to the heart of the Garibaldi experience: An authentic, bustling fishing marina. Watch as commercial fisherman sling their catches of ling cod, fresh Dungeness crabs, rockfish and even octopus onto the docks. Watch boaters making their way through Tillamook Bay and into the Pacific Ocean. Or, prepare to hop on a charter for a day of fishing and nature-spotting.
All aboard to experience the Golden Age of rail travel! Ride a train with an historic steam locomotive and chug along Tillamook Bay, all the way to Rockaway Beach and back, while checking out gorgeous views of the Pacific Ocean and Nehalem River Canyon. Don't miss their 3-hour dinner train, when views are paired with prime rib, salmon, and herb pork loin. Board in Garibaldi.
Embark on a unique adventure on recumbent bikes that ride on the coast's unused railroad tracks. Pedal 11 miles round trip through farmlands, over rivers and trestles, and past coastlines, picturesque landscapes and wildlife.
Oregon's longest pier is often dotted with fishermen, hoping to reel in a robust catch. Stroll its 700 feet to watch bald eagles, oystercatchers, and other birds, while enjoying a unique view of Tillamook Bay and Garibaldi.
Cheese lovers, this is where it's at! Explore the home of the famous Tillamook cheeses during free factory tours and tastings. When you're finished sampling cheese, head to the ice cream counter to check out their 40 signature flavors, like Oregon Blackcherry and Salted Butterscotch.
Join enterprising locals and visitors and go clamming along Rockaway Beach and 10 designated harvesting spots in Tillamook Bay, where you'll find cockles, littlenecks, softshells and butters.
Rent our crab pot or bring your own to catch Dungeness and Red Rock crabs, an Oregon delicacy worth writing home about. While crabs are available year-round, the best time to lay out your crab pot in Tillamook Bay is in the late summer or early fall.
Garibaldi is famed for some of the finest fishing around and it's easy to see why. The town is surrounded by lakes, the Pacific Ocean, Tillamook Bay and 5 rivers that feed into it. Local charters can take you out for fresh-water or deep-sea fishing for tuna, rock fish, sea trout, Chinook salmon, and steelhead. Check out Garibaldi Charters, SIGGI-G Ocean Charters, and Lance Fisher Fishing.
Paddles up! With several lakes, rivers and the bay right at our doorstep, it's easy to jump onto a kayak or canoe rental to explore the region's natural wonders and wildlife. Schedule a kayaking tour with Kayak Tillamook.
Cruise on the beach, the waves and sand dunes atop a fat tire bike. Bigger tires mean a quicker way to explore the beachfront and a smoother ride than regular bikes. Don't worry if you get tired midway, they'll come and pick up the bikes when you're finished.
Upcoming Area Events:
- Garibaldi Museum - Summer Season, Garibaldi, Oregon, April 5, 2018 to October 28, 2018
- Guided Salmon Fishing Season, Garibaldi, Oregon, May 5, 2018 to October 31, 2018
- Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad - Daily Service, Garibaldi, Oregon, May 28, 2018 to August 14, 2018
- Jetty Fishery Crab Derby at Nehalem Bay, Nehalem Bay, Oregon, June 2-3, 2018
- 2018 Bounty on the Bay - Seminar and Dinner, Tillamook, Oregon, June 8-9, 2018
- Tillamook Rodeo and Dairy Parade, Tillamook County Fair Grounds, Oregon, June 22-23, 2018
- Rockaway Beach 4th of July, Rockaway Beach, Oregon, July 4, 2018
- 4th of July Fireworks Spectaular, Garibaldi, Oregon, July 4, 2018
- Tillamook Downtown District Art Walk, Tillamook, Oregon, July 21, 2018
- Garibaldi Days, Garibaldi, Oregon
- Tillamook County Fair, Tillamook, Oregon, August 8-11, 2018
- Pacific Coast Beach Challenge, Pacific CIty, Oregon, August 12, 2018
- Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad - Weekend Service, Garibaldi to Rockaway, Oregon, August 18-19, 2018
- Oregon Tuna Classic, Garibaldi, Oregon, August 24-25, 2018
- Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad - Weekend Service, Garibaldi to Rockaway, Oregon, August 25-26, 2018